Is my cycle changed because I stopped using bc?

At the beginning of the month I stopped taking bc. The 2nd day that I didn't take the pill I started my period. Because it was only the 2nd row of the pack, I had already had my period a week and a half before that. So does that mean that the 2nd period was a fake? My guess is that I started my period the 2nd time because my body thought it was the end of the pack because I hadn't taken any more active pills. Is this right? And if it is, does that mean that I should still have my normal period at the end of this month? Does this even make sense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• I'm no doc so take this with a grain of salt. But the "fake" period is called spotting even though it's more than spots! I get this often when I take the pill at different times at night. I usually end up with 2 periods a month. Advice: keep taking pill every night at same time and eventually you'll get back to normal. Also, ask a doc because they'll know better.
    AndreaSavannah

Answer by AndreaSavannah at 8:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes understand what you mean. I did that exact same thing and got period before I was suppose to. Plus depends on how cycle was before you started bc, some go on bc to start reg. cycles. If contiues to mess up let your Doctor know.
    jlbtnc

Answer by jlbtnc at 8:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Your body responded to the hormone change, like a drop in progesterone if they were progesterone-based pills. The hormone drop signals your body to shed the lining and you get your period. Not going back on them will allow your body to go through the normal ovulation cycle again. They do this kind of manipulation in fertility treatments sometimes.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008