having some writers block, working on a fathers day card...

My dad wasnt there in the past, but he is now.. i tried looking for a card for him and all say "thanks for all the memorries" blah blah, well we dont have all that and If I get one that says something like that, he'll think its a bad joke or something!! i was looking for one that says something about have a good future but found nothing so i am making one, but i dont know what to say.. HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can tell him that while we aren't always children, it's good to know that we can still learn - and teach our parents lessons in life. One that you are so glad that you both learned together is that fresh starts can happen, and that while you don't have the memories from the past to cherish, you're looking forward to the memories your future will bring.

Good luck! It truly is a blessing when whatever was the problem in your past is resolved and you're able to reconcile with a loved one. My father wasn't in my life, either - for lots of very valid reasons I told him when I was 8 that I didn't want to see him anymore if that's how things were going to be (very dysfunctional and abusive sit.). I'm 38 now, he died a couple of yrs ago, and I saw him 2 times and spoke to him once in those yrs. I don't regret my choice, because of how he lived his life - but I do admire and respect that your relationship has a better ending!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Do you want the tone of the card to be humorous or serious or sappy (sorry, I couldn't think of a better word)?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Not too sappy but i still want to show that i DO care and that im glad we have eachother now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• You could focus on the word beginnings and say something about looking forward to building a future with him since there was no past.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2010