• In the Spotlight:

my 9 month olds aren't sleeping. could it just be teething?

the last few nights my 9 month old twin boys have not been sleeping at night...barely at all.
they slept for about three hours last night before waking up for an hour, and from then they slept about an hour at a time, and were awake for about an hour at a time.

ive noticed that my older twin seems to be getting his eye teeth (which I know is very painful) I gave them motrin last night, however I didn't notice any relief. I put some orajel on Taden (the older)'s top gums and that seemed to help for about fifteen minutes.

I'm not sure that Tyler is getting his top teeth I've just been assuming, since Tade is, and Ty gets his teeth a little bit after Tade...

So what do you all think, do you think its just teeth? what else should I try? I feel so bad that they are in pain... and that they aren't getting any sleep... theyre so sad lately :(

help!

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be teeth but they also go thru a growth spurt around 9 months so it could be that too. it will pass and you all will be fine. Just take lots of deep breaths.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Teeth, milestones, and major growth spurt.

Orajel is useless, it can make it worse and numbs the rest of the mouth which is unpleasant.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2010