what is the best way to organize a yard sale???

Here's the deal I have so much crap I don't need!! and it's all driving me crazy....I have only done one in the past and it was pretty successful because I had tons of baby stuff. But now it's alot of tot toys, clothes, bedding some electronics,carseats..you name it...besides needing the money LOL How do you guys know what's good for yardsale and what's not??? I was concerned for the car seats but they've never been in an accident one is only 5 months old my 7 yr old out grew it and the other is more than 6 yrs old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We just had one. We didn't plan it at all. The night before we decided to have one. As we were setting up and putting everything out people started coming! We didn't even have a sign out. Half of it was sold before we officially started. We just put out a big "Sale" sign and laid everything on the driveway. We set my daughter up with a Lemonade stand which she loved. We sold everything. A few times we ran through the house screaming "What else can we sell!". Just have change ready. At first we had to run in the house to get money for change.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• If you can, get racks to hang the clothes on. If you can't get any of those, string up a line between trees or something. Clothes sell better and faster and for more if they are hung up. People don't like having to dig through piles.
    Put the bigger stuff out closer to the road, at the end to grab attention. Set tables up for everything else and organize it by category (household, toys, books, glass, ect...).
    The car seats are fine, if they have all the parts and have never been in an accident. Price the older one for a lot less than the newer one. If you have the box still for the newer one, it will sell for more.
    Anything can be put in a yard sale, you'd be surprised at the crap that gets sold. Pretty much, if you would donate it, you can sell it. We always call the thrift store to come pick up the leftovers that evening, just set a time and they pack it all away.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Put everything out, carseats and all. People will buy anything if it's cheap enough. Worst that will happen is it won't sell.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2010