Can this hurt him and why does he want it ?

My 2 year old recently began taking his sisters cups with infant formula in them. She is only 10 months so is still on it. He had her cup the other day and I didnt think anything about it, I figured one sip and he wouldnt like it right, formula is yuck. Well he did and is constantly takeing her cup now and drinking it when she puts it down and has even began asking for it, he will say he wants milk and when I go to get it out of the fridge he screams and points to her formula can. Why in the world at 2 years old soon to be 3 is he all of a sudden loving and wanting baby formula? Is it ok for him to drink, would you let him drink it ??

bshelly

Asked by bshelly at 12:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he is too old to be drinking milk at all if he is not nursing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Due to the cost, I wouldn't let him drink it but it won't hurt him any. How about getting Pediasure instead? Then you can tell him that that's his formula.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• How would it not be ok for him...if he wants it, let him have it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• they have a toddler formula. or pediasure. it cant hurt him, it's just formula. if anything it's good for him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Isn't it supposed to be sweeter? That's probably why he prefers that to milk.
    Anonymous

• I think it has to do with wanting to be a baby. He is reverting a little. No, it can't hurt him. It is probably good for him. Can you explain "That's for babies and it's yucky! You get to have this, mmmm!" Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• The good thing is that your daughter will only be on it for 2 more months. So if you can't stop him from having it, it will end soon enough on its own.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Well the only thing I can see is he doesn't need to take stuff form his sister because that will lead to other things being taken away from her by him. And yes he does still need to be drinking milk. Why do people immediately think if a child isn't drinking breastmilk then they don't need milk at all. That makes no sense.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Because no human NEEDS cows milk... that just makes no sense. Drinking a cows breast milk. ew
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• he is to old to be drinking milk at all? hmm, i have never heard of that. no you dont needmilk, but it is a good source of calcium. as to the original question, i wouldnt let him drink it due to cost. like another PP said, maybe try the "oh that is yucky. but mmm, this is yummy" i truly think that if i didnt let my DS drink milk anymore, his whole world would come undone. haha - yes, he loves milk that much!!

mrs_adcock

Answer by mrs_adcock at 12:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2010