food help

hey ladies, so i just came down with a nasty cold yesterday and i feel pretty awful. i've been living of cambles chicken noodle soup for the past 2 days cause when i'm sick i have NO appitite. i'm 35 weeks pregnant so i don't want to eat just soup til i get better cause both my little girl and i need more nutrition than that. what are some VERY light nutritious things i could eat. i love to cook so if you have recipes please don't be shy. i just wanna know that we're getting the proper nutrition and at the same time i'm not gonna want to puke....thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• Soup is fine, but have you tried maybe some veggie soup? I don't know what else to recommend - I'm 36 weeks pregnant and at various times in my pregnancy soup has been the only thing I've been able to keep down!

Answer by missanc at 1:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Avoid dairy while you are sick – it can increase the amount of mucus your body produces.
    Peppermint tea is great! Peppermint is a natural decongestant; just be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) is the best cough syrup.throat soother.
    Emergen-C will help you stay hydrated and give you an energy boost; be sure to mix it with cold water. The lowest price is at Trader Joes, though it is sold just about everywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc.).
    I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm
    Get some Elderberry syrup. The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2010