What is your child's room decorated in?

Just wondering, everything my son has is lightning mcqeen for the disney movie cars. I'm getting tired of it and thinking of redoing his room. Just looking for some idea :)

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids' rooms wouldn't be much help - because they're very "teen chic" LOL - posters of what they like, souvenirs from places they've been, and pictures of friends on the walls and flat surfaces, clothes often on the floor LOL.

But - depending on how old he is - you could do a garden sort of theme - not super girly - I mean like cartoon style, bright flowers with a catepiller crawling up the stem, a border around a chair rail with an army of ants (maybe wearing little hard hats) marching along it carrying a leaf, that sort of thing.

Or you could do dinosaurs, or you could do what my sil and her dh did for their son - his room is done with Curious George.

A friend of mine's grandbaby's room is being done in an under the sea theme - it's pretty cool.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Ahh yes Lightening Mcqueen. I'm sick of him too. My son has a construction theme in his room.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• cont

You can do some of this pretty cheap, too - when my ds was little, he was into Pokemon. I didn't want to spend money on the themed comforters and stuff, because those can get expensive to replace when you change things. So we had his blue comforter (I had the same theory before we did the Pokemon thing - both my kids got a comforter that was a "classic style" that could be used as a "base" to build a decor on...) So, he had the blue comforter, we made blue curtains, and we got bright primary colored cloth grograin (I think it's called) ribbon. Then we strung some Pokemon party favor whistles on them (a dollar each) - the ribbon went through the whistle part - and attached them along the top of the curtain, hanging at different lengths. That, with some wall stickies - a cheap, cheerful, Pokemon room.

Just have fun with it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• my sons room is Wall-e and I was actually thinking of changing it to Lightning McQueen! haha I bought him wall-e bed set and took the pillow case to the hardware store and bought blue paint matching the sheets, . Basically i just painted the room and he has the blanket, not a whole lot else.

June 09 | its done | ღ Cassie ღ

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• That wall-e room is really good! You did that yourself!?

My son's room is done in winnie the pooh. Ive been wanting to change it to Jungle animals. We can't paint or put up border or anything in our apartment, so I found those easy to apply and take off stickers. I love em. I see all kinds of cute jungle animal stuff for toddler rooms.

brycen's room
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It's intentionally un-themed. He has some Star Wars, some maps, some Wall-E and some Batman - whatever he feels like having we'll hang up (within reason), and when he's sick of it we'll take it down.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My granddaughter is currently sharing a room with my daughter (her mom), but they will be moving out in July into a shared house with some friends and my granddaughter will be spending the weekends with us, so the room will officially be hers alone. When my daughter came home she chose the colors of light brown and pink for her room so 3 walls are in the light brown and the one wall is pink where the baby crib is up against. The room is so small that it looks dark in there.
    When I repaint it for my DGD I would like it to be brighter and girly, but not super sappy or a theme. I was thinking of a pale yellow with white trim, and try to find some butterflies and flowers to appliqué or hand on the walls. We have some extra quilts for the twin bed in there and we'll put her pink curtains back up.
    Sorry, but I don't have any boys.  :( 

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My sons room is baby looney tunes. He's getting bigger though so we are going to change it to tory story and im super excited to redecorate!
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My son has everything Batman and superman, with a little bit of Cars.. Oh & he has a few posters of motorcycles as well.. lol.. Just a combo of everything that he likes pretty much.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010