How do you get grease stains out of clothes?

My husband got a new outfit and we bought fried chicken and idk how he does it but the grease went all over his new shirt...He don't eat like a pig it's just dumb luck I guess! Any advice would be great thanks ladies;)

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dropped greasy taco meat on a shirt and used a Shout wipe and it worked so maybe the spray would work too
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• dish soap, like dawn or w/e brand you have to wash dishes by hand because it contains grease cutters. rub some dish soap onto the stains before putting it in the wash with regular detergent
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Personally - I would just go out and buy a new shirt LOL :o) Reality - try what they ladies above said.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• just DONT run it threw the dryer and keep trying different stain removers until its gone.
    Anonymous

• Dawn dish soap!!
    lightoftheworld

Answer by lightoftheworld at 1:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• IF U HAVE SOME OF THAT OLD HAIR SPRY..THE HOLDING KIND AQUA NET.. .THAT IS THE STUFF!! NOT ONLY DOES IT GET THE INK AND OIL OUT .... IF U HAVE EVERY LENT OUT A SHIRT..AND IT CAME BACK SMELLIN LIKE CHEESE HOAGIES UNDER THE ARM PIT.... YEAY HANG IT UP.. HIT IT A COUPLE OF TIMES WITH THE SPRAY ... THEN WASH.. IT IS GOOD TO GO AGAIN....
    JADAMOM801

Answer by JADAMOM801 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My husband is a automotive technician so grease stains are common around my house. I found that you can use this stuff called "orange hand cleaner". Rub a little bit on the stain and wash as usual. I also found that shout has helped as well. Good Luck!
    CRISTELLELYTE

Answer by CRISTELLELYTE at 4:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• pine sol works too. use full strength. it has to be the pine scent though.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I use dawn dish soap if it isn't too bad, or like Cristellelyte said, the orange hand cleaner is good. Just don't run it through the dryer, because the heat will set the stain. Good luck!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Dawn dish soap works every time. Put it directly on the stain, let it sit awhile and then launder like normal.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010