Who handles the discipline, and do you like it that way ?

My friend and I were talking about it and her husband is the one who handles it and she doesnt like that he does ( she thinks he is too rough) and then in our family I do all of it and my husband is basically the good guy and babies them after ( which I prefer it that way) ... but how is it in your home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• At our house SO is usually at work from 6am to 8pm so I am the one who carries out almost all the discipline but when SO is here DS listens to him a lot better than he does me. Really I wish I didn't have to carry it out all the time and always be the bad guy, but SO and I agree that if one of us says something the other one must agree and carry it out so that neither of us get under minded.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I usually handle it because I am with them all most of the time. I wish my DH would step in and discipline too. Especially my son and also he needs to teach him boy stuff.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We make overall parenting choices together. But as far as enforcing them, or dealing with the day to day stuff that falls under our agreed on parenting philosophy, most of the time over the yrs, it's been me. But, that's because I'm a SAHM and he's military so he's deployed a lot.

We joke that it's like he's the CO - he sets a lot of the general policy (with my input), but I'm the Chief - I interpret and enforce the policy that's been set down ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• mostly i do but sometimes i wish that DH would step in and take over the discipline with our son whos a teenager and thinks everything needs to be his way or nothing which doesn't go well with me then theres alot of shouting and agrueing between me and our son.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2010