It's just gone.

I miscarried on September, 1st, 2009 at 9 weeks. The miscarriage wasn't complete thanks to an error in judgement by the hospital, and two weeks later there was still tissue inside of me. I was prescribed cytotec and passed the rest of the tissue. Since September, I have had 2 periods. One in December and one in April. Aside from that, my period is mysteriously absent. Why is this? I've had miscarriages before, and my period was always back right after the initial bleeding.

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 12:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• This happened to a friend of mine. She also had other miscarriages but with her last one it really messed up her cycle. Seh would get it once month and not again for six months. The longest she went with out one was 10 months. Since they weren't trying to get pregnant she wasn't too worried about it. But she talked to her doc and he put her on hormone treatment for 3 months. She got pregnant the 4th month so they didn't do the treatment. That went on to be a happy healthy baby girl. She hasn't had a problem since. It's been 3 years and she still gets it like clockwork.
    Anonymous