Wedding Cake

What is the average price of a wedding cake? How much did you pay for your cake?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 1:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they charge by the servings. Depending on how many servings you want, they'll charge. I didn't care, I wanted a 17 tier wedding cake and it was around $600.
    Anonymous

• I just got married on the 12th, we got our cake from walmart, it was actually really good. Everyone was asking us where we had got it, that it was soo good. We paid $25 deposit when we ordered, and the day we picked it up $113. ($138) I was really impressed. They also give you the box for the top tier to freeze it in.

It's a pretty blurry pic, cause I havent got the ones back from the photographer.. but its the best one I got of the cake lol.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I'm not sure what mine was because it was included with the wedding package we chose at the hotel. However, the bakery wanted $65 just to deliver it to the hotel. About 20 miles. Luckily I lived near the bakery and we just picked it up ourselves. So make sure you include any delivery charges in budgeting for your cake. Congrats and good luck with the wedding.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• we got a 3 tier pearl white cake with white shimmer dots for $230
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Mine was free, or rather, included in the cost of the reception. We had the reception at a hotel, and they had a pretty sweet package deal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I paid $115 for ours, and it was 5 tiers. The bottom layer fed about 100 ppl. And so since we didn't need more than that, the middle three layers were actually false. I loved the cake when I found a picture of it in a magazine, and the baker suggested using the fake layers to get the effect without the added cost or wasted cake. Nobody could tell the difference and it was gorgeous!
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I do cakes, weddings included. Bakeries will charge anywhere from $4 up to $9+ per serving. They will usually charge for delivery too. I do mine from home and charge $2 per serving, plus a small additional charge for detail work requested, free delivery. I advertise on craigslist - check it out, you may find a great deal! (Just be sure that they are licensed)

If you decide to go with a bakery, you can also opt for a smaller cake for display and serve what is called a kitchen cake. It's just a sheet cake, same color/flavor as your display cake. That way you can save $ and your guest still get to have a beautiful cake to look at AND eat.

Cupcakes are really popular now. They are usually tiered: a small cake on the top, and cupcakes tiered all around. Like this:
    cupcake tower

Anonymous