Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant college student in WA state

I'm a pregnant college student from WA and need to know what kind of aid for school and medical care I can get. I am single and due next winter.


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • I'm not sure. We used to live in WA, but I still don't know the answer... :[
    I think your absolute best bet is to go to your college admin office - maybe financial aid and ask them what options you have, if there's specific grants/scholarships available for you since you're pregnant will be a mother, etc.
    As for medical, you can always get on Medicaid.

    Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • You should to to the welfare office and find out. Not saying you should get on welfare but it might be the solution to many issues you face as a pregnant woman in school.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • in texas pregnant women automatically qualify for medicaid, which is far from ideal health insurance, but it works. as for financial aid, yours is likely to increase once the baby is born - probably not before. i was a single mother for many many years and alot of people told me i could get money to pay for full time school as well as to live on being such... i never tried so i can't tell you if it's accurate. congrats! and really i hope you find a way to complete your education - you should be able to.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • Medicaid for insurance but not sure what you'd get for school other than your Pell Grant. You could get PA but that's for housing not for school. Check your state's website and see.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • Didn't you look into this before deciding to have a baby?

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.