getting back to pre-baby body

Thus far, I've gained 21 pounds and I'm 36 weeks. I'm wondering how long it will take to get back to my pre-baby body. I was pretty active before getting pregnant. I did things like jogging and some tennis. For the women who gained less than 30lbs, how long did it take to get back to your pre-baby weight (or around)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pre-baby weight I was always at by around 4-5 weeks (I never gained more than 22 lbs), and I was back in my regular clothes but they didn't fit the same. Pre-baby body didn't come back until a few months later.

Answer by missanc at 1:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• you lucky bitches! i gained 60 pounds and 13 months later im still 10 pounds away from my prebaby weight.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• With my first I gained 42 pounds. It was all gone and then some by 8 months postpartum, but I wasn't as active as you are (I took walks, did yoga, etc, but didn't run or anything super active like that.)

So far I'm 33 weeks and have gained 41 pounds with this one lol. I suspect it will take a little longer to work it off :p

Breastfeeding helps! No joke, it seriously works miracles.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I'm 32 weeks and have gained 13 lbs. of course I got pregnant again when my daughter was only 4 mos old. so I hadn't lost the weight from her yet.....booo
    My sister actually got smaller by the time her daughter was 6 mos old, that is because she stayed VERY active during her pregnancy and then right afterwards as well.
    I on the other hand hate to sweat, run, jog, or do anything that makes my boobs bounce....lol, so I will probably take my time and do it all on the Wii in my AC =)
    Anonymous

• i could fit into my old clothes 3 weeks postpartum. I gained 33lbs. I breast feed and I have honestly had a slice of cake every day since she was born.

Now, I'm not back to my original weight-- my boobs went from a "pretending I'm a B" to DDD/ E and sometimes F in certain nursing bras. my hips are wider and the skin on my tummy is still squishy. My DD is 23 days old. I haven't started exercising again yet. But carrying her everywhere and trying to keep the laundry under control is a major work out.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010