what is safe to take when your sick and pregnant??

so basically i have a head cold. stuffy nose sneezing and dry throat and a little cough nothing major...what kind of medication is safe to take that wont hurt my baby...? I know ny quil is bad so im staying far away but???

notoriousrissi

Asked by notoriousrissi at 1:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• Chicken soup, tea, ginger ale and rest is really the best. Advil is ok until your last trimester. Tylenol is ok too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i dont trust anything but tylenol...or cloraseptic an aseptic throat spray...I just tough out the rest. :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I had an awful cold with my 3rd and the dr told me I could take sudafed - but I would recommend a call to your OB before taking anything!

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• get and use a neti pot for the sinus congestion. It will probably clear up the throat pain when all the mucous is out of your head. Plenty of fluids!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I know that you can take.... benadryl, sudaphed, tylenol, and tums.... those are the only meds i use during my pregnancies.
    Anonymous

• Gargle lots of salt water. Also take tons of vitamin c at least 2000 mills of vitamin c whatever your body doesnt use you will pee out its harmless.
    Anonymous