Yeast Infection..... sorry, a little TMI

I have been battling with an EXTREME yest infection for literally months now. I've never had this much trouble with this before. I've been to my GYN four times to get this cleared up and she keeps giving me what she calls the "Miracle Pill" that you take once and it's supposed to magically *poof* the YI away, but it's not working, or at least not long term. It gets rid of the symptoms for about a week then they come right back within a day and then just get worse and worse and worse...... I have not been in this much pain in this area of my body since I gave birth to my daughter two and a half years ago. My GYN is acting like it's no big deal but I'm in absolute misery.... Is there ANYTHING I can do to kick this? I can't take this anymore! Is there any other treatment my GYN can give me and she's just not? Is there something I can do here at home to cure this? I'd rather give birth again than deal with this any longer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• Stop taking it and I bet the yeast will clear right up, it did for my sister. Within a week she was feeling perfectly normal. Her gyno didn't believe that was the cause of her problems, but as soon as she went off it, the problem cleared right up. She switched gynos.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Oh you poor thing!!! That's the worst! Have you tried the over the counter Monistat 3? I always had luck with that, but mine were never that bad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Thank you, I will literally try anything about now, thanks for the suggestion!
    Anonymous

• I always use those creams in the store you buy. i head the longer treatment ones are more effective. I actually think I may be getting one myself! They are misserable!
    Anonymous

• Find a new gyno... yours doesn't seem to have ever had a visit from the yeasty beasty... or she wouldn't be so casual to your problem.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Also did you happen to start a new birth control pill right before this started? My sister had the same problem as this for 6 months because she started taking a pill that disagreed with her body... just a thought.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• wow i didnt think about that but yes i did start a new birth control pill and it is a new brand from the one i was taking before i had my daughter.
    Anonymous

• If things dont improve i think i"m gonna switch gynos anyway. I have just been going to this clinic since I was 17 and have never had any problems before but this whole thing is making me seriously doubt their capabilities. I'd like to go on the same pill i was taking before i got pregnant but they told me that brand is no longer available.
    Anonymous

• stop wearing panties for awhile I did and it went away. Now I go pantiless.
    Anonymous

• Also you might have them (or the next one) check your bacteria levels-it's a pap with extra tests basically. I went through horrors in college because the NP on campus thought I had a yeast infection, had me try three different meds, and was about to treat me for an STD that I didn't have (kinda hard to get 'em when you don't have sex) . Came home for an appt with a gyno, she said don't take that many meds for a yeast infection ever again, tested my bacteria levels, and sure enough, all the meds had killed all the bacteria, even the good kind. It produces the same symptoms as a yeast infection(itching, burning, discharge, etc), but the usual treatments will make it worse. If that is the case, you can take probiotic capsules to regrow the bacteria- you want lactobacillus in them to be specific- at least that's what I needed because those were the ones that got wiped out.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010