What kind of things do you recycle (reuse is a better term!) and for what?

I love reusing baby wipes containers. I use them in my bathroom to hold plastic bags for my trash can. And I have my toddler's magnetic letters in one too.

I was just going to throw away a Betty Crocker frosting container but decided my toddler would like to have it. He LOVES to put things in things. I don't know what he'll d with it but I know he'll like it!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 2:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good Question! I re-use the wipes containers too. I put my DS crayons, Stickers & magnetic letters & numbers in them. I use the big empty Ice-T mix containers for magic markers & more crayons for him I cover them with contact paper. I also saved a bunch of Pampers Big Diapers boxes with the openings for handles. I covered them with contact paper & he keeps all his cars, trucks & plastic animals & dinosaurs in them. He can drag them over to wherever ha wants to play with the handle. They look cute to. I used a Chicken/Rooster print contact paper so he says they are his "chicken boxes". I also re-use plastic grocery bags for garbage.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• well, we have lots of ziploc easy store containers i use. As far as recycle goes we recycle cans, bottles, paper, plastic, boxes..our garage always is overflowing in what i call "trash" but my dh is big on not throwing these items away...he would freak out if he saw a coke can in the trash can
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We put all toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls (the cardboard things) in our daughter's art bucket and she uses them almost daily. She decorated a frosting container for her pencils on her desk. We use butter, sour cream, and cottage cheese containers to keep leftovers. We just wash them when they get empty then stick them in the cabinet. We kept the box our vacuum came in and our girl put all her books in it and stuck it in the corner of her room. We reuse gift bags for other gifts, as overnight bags for clothes, as something to keep toys in for the car. We use plastic grocery bags for trash bags in the little trash cans.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I use the plastic grocery store bags as garbage can liners in our 3 bathrooms and for 4 desk garbage cans. They also get used to dump the sifted cat litter into.
    We have been refilling this one large bottle with tap water for about a year now to keep in the fridge for cold water. We had originally bought it with water in it, but just kept refilling it with tap water, which actually tastes better than bottled water!
    I will wash off lightly used tin foil and reuse it again....that stuff is expensive!
    I have an old Shout! spray bottle that I keep filling up with the Oxy stain remover from the refillable bottle. I do the same with the softener....buy one huge bottle and pour it into a smaller, older bottle that is easier to handle.
    My granddaughter has her own kitchen drawer with old, safe utensils and tid-bits that won't hurt her so she feels like she is helping out in the kitchen.
    I use ziplock baggies to store photos in.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2010