Are all me this stupid?

So my son turned a year old on June 3rd.... I've had him off the bottle since then.... My SO watches my son at night when I work.... Anyways I came home and my son had a bottle next to him... I was pretty upset and asked him "Why does my son have a bottle" and his reply was "My family told me babies stay on their bottle until 2, and the reason he is so clingy is you took the bottle away." WTF!?!?!? Why would you start him on a bottle again? I'm about to just hire a babysitter because he is always doing the opposite of me.. My son sleeps in his crib great (finally got him to sleep in it about 9 mths) he has him sleep in bed, now the bottle thing.... GRRRR..... Sorry I hada vent

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• * I meant to say MEN lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I certainly don't think men are the smarter sex but it seems like yours was just listening to his family.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• do a sweep of the house, top to bottom and locate all bottles.... toss 'em! Hopefully that'll solve that. As far as the sleeping goes you might have to give a little on that one. If it's not every single night, you might have to compromise. Everyone (even a babysitter) has their own style/way with a baby
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Just ask him to talk all parenting things over with you when his family gives advice, and tell him you'll do the same.
    Maybe toss him a bone every now and then and actually follow some of the family advice, the smaller ones to keep them all happy.
    He shouldn't have done the bottle without discussing it with you first, but he probably didn't really think it would matter.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I'd be really, really upset that he did that without talking to you first. Did he not agree when you decided to take him off the bottle. You need to nip this in the bud right now. Parents need to be a united front when it comes to parental decisions.
    Anonymous

• Throw away all the bottles. His family has no business getting involved in this one. I'm sorry to say it's probably just the beginning though. I wouldn't be happy about the sleeping thing either. Is it every night you work? Believe me, the last thing you want is your 3 or 4 year old still in bed with you. It's such a hard habit to break.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• that would piss me off. when my hubbys family tries to tell him shit i always say ITS MY KIDS AND I WILL RAISE THEM MY WAY. take him to a dr appt i'm most certain the doctor will disagree with everything he's doing (: lmfao!
    LoveKillsSlowly

Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 2:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• IMHO - men are almost always looking for the easier way out and I don't every see that changing.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• donate bottles
    and
    take husband to dr appt next time

great ideas
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Wow. I love how so many women on here have so little trust in their men to actually parent. Fail.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2010