To keep a spotless home would I have to have a rag in my hand every moment of the day?

It seems that way... Everytime I turn around there is cleaning to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Seems that way sometimes. I've had to learn to let it go sometimes. It's clean, there's no dog poo on the floors, the dishes are done, and I swept this morning. It needs swept again and there are dishes again, but they can wait. I used to aim for spotless, but got so bitchy that everyone was afraid to even walk through the house. Now, I aim for "clean" and do the deep cleaning about once a month.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• If you go thru and clean from one end to the other end and then just stay up on it everyday and then once a week do your deep cleaning like the bathroom and bed room dusting no you will not have a rag in hand 24/7. Teach your LO's to clean up there toys and what not you'll be good to go.
    Anonymous

• "Spotless" and "home" do not go together if children are in the equation. What kind of fun is a spotless home? I'd be afraid to even step foot inside for fear of messing it up.

I'd rather, and I'm sure kids would rather too, have a neat home but not necessarily spotless. Neat can be achieved by eliminating a lot of useless clutter and putting things in their place. That will leave YOU plenty of time to enjoy your home!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I feel the same way. I might be OCD, but whatever, my place is clean;)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I can't wait til my kids are all old enough that I can assign them "big" chores. I firmly believe in EVERYONE pitching in. Right now they're all under 4...lol so i have a few years at LEAST! lol
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way just about my kids.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• LOL Ya know that junk drawer everybody has? Well, after kids, you get a junk ROOM! Im just saying you have to find balance, make rules, and get organized. I find myself just giving stuff away most of the time. lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2010