One of the former contestant's for the "Biggest Loser"

Kai....says, that she is grateful for being apart of a show that inspired people to lose weight. She also wants to let the public know that a week is not a week on T.V. When they said, she lost 12 lbs. in a wk she really didn't. It's a TV show made to look like a weight loss camp. She left the show with a very poor mental body image...considering coffee a meal. What are your thoughts...if any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How horrible they twisted the truth for ratings. I never liked that show.

Anonymous

• I think that show sets people up to fail... living on a "ranch" for 4 months with a personal trainer is not real life...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Kai has outed a lot of the cheating/editing that goes on during the show. The water loading (which Bob and Jillian actually teach them how to do) so they can throw a weigh in one week and have a huge loss the next, the dehydration the day before a weigh in. When they taped one of those product placement commercials that run inside the show for the Milk Council they weren't allowed to actually drink the milk and had to spit it out when the camera stopped. The whole show is a game show first, and occasionally someone might keep the weight off later.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• There was a show on discovery channel with one of the winners I think his name was Kevin? And he gained it all back and then some. He said you come home and have absolutely no support and you have a life so you are not working out 6 hours a day. It was kind of sad. But I guess he is working on losing it all again.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Op here- I am just glade that she came out with the truth, because if you are trying to lose weight and your one of those people who watch the show- and I honestly NEVER have....I just say this interview she did and it really made me respect her for coming out with the truth for those who DO watch the show and think why can't I loose 12lbs in one week? It's nice to have someone who did the show to come out and admit that it didn't happen in one week and a week on TV is different than a week in real life. Also, that coffee is not a meal and if your trying to lose 12lbs in a week most likely your going to have some type of an eating disorder or at least an unrealistic view of how to lose weight. Anyway, thanks ladies for your thoughts on this.
    Anonymous