Is it weird or normal to throw your own baby shower?

Also is it weird for guys to go to and be at the showers (especially the daddy?) I realize there will be varying opinions but keep it respectful.

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 2:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not weird at all, on both. The baby shower is a celebration of the baby. If no one else can throw it or plan it, there is no reason for you not to do it.
    And it's getting more common for men to be there. It's not just a girl thing anymore.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Most people consider it to be very tacky & an absolute breach of common etiquette to have a shower of any kind for yourself. Because showers are given for the purpose of showering the guest of honor with gifts, to have one for yourself is kind of in poor taste. Not at all weird for the daddy to be at the shower. Probably would be a bit nicer for him if there are other guys there, but I've been to some where the dad was the only guy & it was nice for him to take part in it too.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I don't think that it is weird at all to plan your own shower if you don't mind doing all the buying, decorating, and planning then go for it! Also I think co-ed baby showers are awesome ;) The guys and the gals had an awesome time at my baby shower.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• it is a little wierd eben tho I know people who do it. As far as the dads I think thats cute when men are involved.
    Anonymous

• It's kind of weird to throw your own. It's like asking for presents. Not at all weird for daddy to be there. It's normal in fact.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yes, you can have a baby shower for yourself. And so that no one knows your having it for yourself, on the line that says Given by: on the invitations, right down family and friends or something along those lines. Trust me, people arent' goign to ask at the shower who hosted it.

I think it is great if the daddy and other men are at the shower. It's not just Mom's baby :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 3:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• throwing your own- weird
    couples showers - ok, as long as the dad is not the only guy, that would be weird
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It would be nice to have men at the baby showers that we have but usually they are not there. And if they are they are all outside hanging out but just once it would be nice to have our hubby's right there next to us doing the awws and the oohs. I guess that's what makes them MEN ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• When I said men I didn't mean just any man I meant our dh's or our so's. As far as throwing your own baby shower...so what!
    just throw it if people come fine if they don't oh well but make sure you have something to eat n drink so they won't feel like they are just there to give gifts...lol I'd say GO FOR IT!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Thowing your own shower is tacky. As far as men - many people are having couples showers now, and it's a lot of fun to have the dads to be there.

Answer by missanc at 4:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010