Is anybody else worried about the gov debt being put on our kids & future grandkids?

Congress controls the money being spend.
Rebulicans controled it from 2001 to 2006, they overspent and got us in trouble.
Democrats said we can fix it, elect us in 2006. So we did, their solution to fix it?
Way Way overspend and triple the debt.
ONLY IN WASHINGTON D.C.
DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The only people that worry about the futures of our children and grandchildren (in terms of inheriting debt, and having a poor life), are those who are fiscally conservative and actually pay taxes (without getting much if any in return!). Those who spend frivolously (have no savings), or don't pay income taxes, and live off of government subsidies, don;t care, because they have nothing vested in the spending--they are just the recipients--so they don't see what the big hullabaloo is all about!!

If their portfolios and savings accounts took a giant hit, and/or they had to fork over a chunk of their paycheck, they would soon start singing a different tune!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Ask John McCain, he wants to start a fund that you can send MORE of your money to pay off the debt! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yeah i fear what kind of taxes my kids will be paying or if they will even get a shot at social security, from the way its lookin i probably wont be able to retire at any age unless i get a good job and be there for years to come, and that in itself seems to be a long shot, it seems everytime i turn around businesses are going bankrupt or something
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Sweet,

You like higher taxes, send in your extra money so they will leave the rest of us alone. I would think you would like McCain's idea.
    Anonymous

• No, I'm not afraid. My kids are intelligent survivors.
    Anonymous

• Anon, thats just dumb, please show me where I stated I LIKED higher taxes??

and No, I think his idea is dumb

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Sweet,

why is it dumb? If people want to give extra and can afford it. That debt is ours and it has to be paid back. Or do you want to leave it to our kids and grandkids?

Anonymous

• I am worried about it. They have overspent so much it looks like we will never get out. And now they want to add even more. Unless this country gets back to producing I hate to think what the future holds.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Anon :40, we are talking about how the governbment is doing things. What if by time your kids are adults they have no future because of the government? What is America has no money at all? That is what this question is about NOT OUR CHILDREN! Anyway OP I fear for my kids furtures of course! I have no idea how this world will be in a few years!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Exactly, carpy, we have to get back to producing something besides all the hot air in DC. We need jobs for everyone, and then we need to revise the tax code, so that we don't have something like half the nation owing nothing, and getting thousands back just because they had a crappy job. How about, since Congress can't/won't do anything about the jobs, they just do away the EIC for a couple years, and apply any money that a tax-payer WOULD qualify for to pay down the debt. It won't be a whole lot, a few grand per family instead of the hundreds of thousands that each family "owes". But that would be a start, don't you think?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2010