What can I do about my acne?

I've had acne in the past but since I became pregnant its got so much worse! What can I do??

mommy2be32188

Asked by mommy2be32188 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're so limited when you're pregnant since so much isn't safe to use. I had my midwife get me a prescription for Clindmycin gel and that really helped.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• ive always had some acne too.. i tried all different products and none worked until i found one called obagi clenziderm. it works great! when i got pregnant, i read the bottle and it said to ask a doctor if your pregnant or breastfeeding. the main ingrediant was sylacalic acid. i read a bunch of articles that said you cant use a product s. acid while pregnant but i asked my doctor and she said that i can use it ,just not to use a mask with it, but i can use a wash or topical treatment. she said she did while she was pregnant and had no problems, so i did and my son is perfectly healthy and i kept my acne under control while preggo.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I switched to a soap called Purpose, it's amazing, a little pricier but worked for me. =)
    Anonymous

• plain sea salt-- massage it into your face and let ti soak in for 2 minutes. RInse off. wash with colloidal silver soap. do this 2x daily.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010