How much to pay the house and dog sitter?

I am going to ask a recent high school grad who is home for the summer before college to be our house and dog sitter on and off. Duties are let the dogs in and out, feed and water them, water the garden, take home tomatoes when we are on long trips.

We are doing a few over night trips (Sat 2pm- Sunday 4pm) and then a long trip of 9 days.

How much do I pay?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 4:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I did that one summer; I think the most I got was $60/day; that was also for keeping the house tidy as well. The other family gave me about thirty/day, but the mom also gave me Avon stuff free :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Maybe I should add that when I have the in-home pet service professional grown ups do it they get $40/day or $20 per visit to my house. There is nothing in my house to clean. It's only 2, 20 minute visits per day.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't go higher than thirty a day then. That would be if the kid was really good at it and never late, etc. Probably twenty a day would be fine.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• honestly if that is all your asking.. I would do that free for my neighbor!!! how well do you know him?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2010