For any mom who has had an ectopic pregnancy ----

Okay so I have a question. I had an ectopic pregnancy in April. My right tube burst and we lost our baby. :.( the Dr. removed my right tube. My question is that when the right ovary ovulates and is ready to "release" a mature ova (egg) what happens? Where does that egg go?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 4:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• I too, had an ectopic that burst and I lost my right tube...sucks, doesn't it.?... I then had 2 C-sections(after) and I was never in the pain I had with that fiasco...!! OMG... ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS! to answer your question... I agree with the other posts and according to my infertility doc you can still get pregnant cross laterally --- because I did... saw a follicle in my right ovary and like magic the left tube delivered it to the right place... this was 2.5 years after my ectopic and 5 IVF's -- occurred naturally and... now she's a sassy teenager! time flies! :)
    Int.Laundress

Answer by Int.Laundress at 10:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My guess would be that since it's unable to attach itself to the uterine walls and be nourished, the body would systematically destroy it. It would be perceived as a foreign virus, germ or bacteria. I doubt that it would find a way to float inside the uterus, without the aid of the fallopian tube! Interesting and I could be totally off the mark!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It will be absorbed by your body - or, in my case (three times over 10 years) you can get pregnant with the other fallopian tube. (I lost my right tube and left ovary due to endometriosis; I had to take fertility medication, but I was able to have children.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010