Sewing Tips

I want to use some curtains to cover the entryway to a closet (removing the door). I have maybe 3 or 4 curtains but its not long enough.
How do I make it longer without sewing? (I do not want to buy a machine knowing I am not going to use it much)
thanks for any tips : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can buy a product called "Stitch Witchery" (at least that what I call it--it may go by a different name) and would be available at any craft store that sells fabric or notions. It comes on a ribbon like spool, and is about 1/2" wide, and all you need is your iron! You place the "stitch witchery" between the fabric pieces you want to fuse together--whether adding the two pieces together or creating a hem. Then set your iron to whatever setting is recommended for the kind of fabric you are using, and presto!

Then I would use a tension rod to hang--you can also just fold over one end to make a "tube" to insert your tension or curtain rod through.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yup, Stitch Witchery is great. There are also some good craft glues that are good. Make sure whatever you use is machine washable. You can gluea trim over the seam area where you join the two fabrics or you can use a darker, complimentary, fabric for the bottom. Makes for a nice look.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2010