I just took my daughter's temp and it's 103.2. At what point do you take them in to the dr.

She isn't sick or anything (yet). I am going to give her Tylenol to try and bring it down.

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would give her the tylenol, wait about an hour, and if it doesnt come down i'd take her in.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Now...and call doctor.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My son just had this problem on Monday.... I called and my Pedi said " if it hits 104 then take him in.... but if he isn't drinking liquids or it doesn't go down within 24 hrs then take him in." Don't know if that helps but I hope your lil one feels better soon!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I hope you've already called by now. 103 point anything is not normal and shouldn't even be associated with teething. Just because the baby is acting fine doesn't mean she doesn't have an infection.
    DacieArie

Answer by DacieArie at 5:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• At 1 year old my doc says give tylenol for anything over 101 and if it doesn't come down the call, for 2 it is 102. If she is acting fine otherwise then I would give the tylenol and see if it comes down. If not then call the doc. Fever is the body's way of fighting off whatever she has and you should let it do what it needs to do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Temps by themselves are nothing to get worked up about.... they are just the bodies way of fighting off infection (probably a virus) If she isn't having any other worrisome symptoms then just keep an eye on it. Don't worry what her temp is... it's really not important.... what you want to watch for is that she isn't getting dehydrated... meaning she is still drinking and not frequently vomiting or having diarrhea or having respiratory troubles.
    You don't need to treat the fever unless she's acting like she doesn't feel well... if she is playing and eating and drinking fairly normal then just let her be her body will do what it needs to. \
    If her fever spikes over 101 for more than 5 days without an explanation then I would see the doctor.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I just checked her about an hour ago and the fever has came down to 101 and she is drinking lots of water and now trying to eat. I think it might be her teeth because she has a hard time eating. She hasn't had any other symptoms. Thanks for all the help moms.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2010