Mid life crisis?

I used to be in the army reserves and this guy was my Sergeant.... We ended up seeing eachother at a store one day and exchanged numbers (we are both out of the reserves) ... He admitted to me he always wanted to ask me out but couldn't before. We have been on a couple dates but he is already really clingy.... He just got done with a divorce and he is 39 and I am 22.... I feel like he is just trying to use me as a rebound or something..... thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Id have a sit down conversation with him. Ask what he expects, say how you feel about it all,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• He says he wants to be with me, he already asked me to ove in!
    Anonymous

• sounds too quick but there isn't enough information to figure it out. just date for a while and see if your instincts are right. usually they are and if you ignore them you may find yourself in a bad situation if you move in, making it harder to leave the relationship. i'm not really stuck on age too much, but you are just about half his age. plus the whole divorce thing can be alot of baggage. not necessarily a no, but you are really really young - you don't have much life experience as an adult on your own and jumping into this situation right now might be something you regret later. i'm 41 and had my first child at 22 - this age span is nearly what you are dealing with... i'm just thinking of all i've been through and learned since then... it's ALOT!! this is what makes me question motivation on his part regardless of your maturity... don't be too vulnerable...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Go with your gut instinct! Moving in is a big decision. It's better to say let's wait than be stuck in a situation that's not right for you.
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• this is a guy who sounds like he could be dangerous later. moving that fast is an attatchment issue and if he is like this now, imagine at 4-6-12 months? do you want that? if yes go ahead, but my true advice is....RUN.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2010