How do you determine if you want to be someone's friend on here?

Do you just "friend" anyone? Do you accept all friend request? Do you have to have things in common or talk to them first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• common ground mostly,or if they answer the question in a funny way.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My friends are all people I've chatted with frequently in the answers section (Politics) or groups that I belong to. I do not accept every friend invite--especially those who only send a "generic" request--or I don't recognize their screen name. And there have been a few people I have deleted from my friends list if they turn out to not be who I thought they were! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• If I'm not familiar with the person, I'll check out their profile page to see if we have enough in common. If there is anything on their page about selling merchandise or working for yourself, I decline. I get a lot of these and don't want to be spammed.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i only accept people i know where i know them from (i.e. conversations on group boards or Q&A). my facebook account is for people i actually know in person but i really appreciate the women i have met on this site. i have received and ignored requests from a variety of people. i friend people that i have things in common with or have a connection with. i don't really stay in touch on here so it's really limited.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I don't really understand the purpose of friend requests and I don't think that I have ever sent ones.

I only accept the ones from people who take the time to write something personalized, instead of sending the canned message.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2010