Is my sister a victim?

My mom found out that my sister had been contacting a man from a 330 area code they live in 707.They met on the internet and my mom some how missed that part.My mom took her phone and saw pictures of my sister and my sister had been sending them to that man.My mom called the number and the guy said he LOVED my sister and hung up on my mother.My mom called me and I said to call the cops.She is waiting for my stepdad to get home so they can figure it all out.So no more phone or internet for my sister.We are scared.We dont know what info my sister has given out.WHAT do we do! What do we say to her?What can we do to him? ugh my heart hurts

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 5:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• find out if hes over 18, sounds like it and if any thing sexual has gone on or talked about. Investigators will do the rest of the work. id call the child service department and see what they can do. Be prepared for your sis to say some hurtful things and be mad. I went threw this with mine. My parents ended okaying the relationship cause she was almost 18 and he just rurned 18, but if there is a significant age difference and innaproprtiate stuff going on he sounds like a preditor.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 5:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Let the police handle it. They search for online predators all the time. Goodness knows how many other children he has lured in

Answer by admckenzie at 5:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• hope police can trace electronic
    if the guy is of age, nail him to the wall
    ground the girl until she is 21
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Tell her the truth do not sugar coat it how old is your sister you do not say. How are your parents going to prevent her from getting Internet somewhere else you need to sit down and tell her what could happen also tell her she could be with or already have given your information to a pedophile

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i would call the police ASAP , my niece was calling people she met on the internet and my sister-in-law had me call the number he said she was telling him that she was 18 (she was 13)we told him if we saw anymore contact we would call the police, after looking through her myspace messages she was telling people she was older than she is. how old was the guy she was talking to? if he was the same age i wouldnt be as upset as i would be if he was older than her. but i think 12-14 is to young to be meeting people anywhere! i wouyld be sure to keep an eye on her, if he is saying he loves her then he may try to convince her to leave home or something!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 5:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I should add my sister is 11!

Sorry I left the age out :/

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Your sister might not be the victim, but he could be. This has happened soooo many times. Yes I know there are perverts out there that lure innocent girls into doing things they shouldn't. BUT there are also the girls that lie about their age when the guys asks. You say your sister is 11, but if she told this guy she was 17/18 he might have beleived it after seeing the pictures of her. There are LOTS of girls that look older/younger then they are. Before jumping to conclusions you need to find out both sides of the story before going for blood.

By the way, what is an 11 year old doing with a cell phone and internet privleges with OUT adult supervision. I think the parents can take some of the blame here themselves.
    Anonymous

• eleven wow get the police involved right now because who knows what this man is doing with your sisters pictures. God bless you and your family your going to need it and be grateful you caught it now and not after.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• How old is the "man"? you never said
    Anonymous

• 5:16 PM
    My sister told him her age lol.the pictures are of a GIRL..she doesnt even look like a teen.The thing about my sister is that she is not very social.She is VERY anti social.HOW she got into chat rooms without my mom catching on I have NO clue.The computer in in my mothers room.So my mom thinks she did MOST of this at school and the Library.My mom wasnt going for mother of the year award lol.She knows she made a mistake BUT really do you have to TRY and rub it in?I mean its not like my mom just handed her the charooms and said hey go have fun ;).
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2010