how does it feel when

u are about to get ur period for the first time after breastfeeding? I had my son almost a yr ago (it will be 1 yr july 2nd) and i have ebf'd him this whole year and because of that I haven't had a period at all. now that hes eating real food more he is breastfeeding less and starting yesterday I began feeling really weird down there and it kind of feels like im being stabbed in my ovaries (well thats a little dramatic but i can't think of a better description) especially in my right one. I dont want to go to the dr only to have him be like u don't know what pre-menstrual cramps feel like? lol so please can anyone describe to me how they felt the first time theirs came back? thanks!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• It probably is your period coming back. My sister-in-law says that whenever her period comes now (it took a year for hers to come back as well because she was EBFing) it feels like she's back in labor and getting the contractions.
    Anonymous

• the first one was horrible. it hurt a lot and lasted over a week. it took mine 6 months.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I dont want to go to the dr only to have him be like u don't know what pre-menstrual cramps feel like? lol
    you are funny
    i had same feeling
    like a period when i was teen (they were bad) and first one after breast feeding felt like a teen again
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2010