How do I file contempt charges against non-custodial parent who is not paying child support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Since the laws vary by state I think the best thing to do research your local courthouse---call them and talk to a clerk to find out exactly what you need to do and in what order. If you don't want to wait for them to open on Monday, you can try to search online---look at your local courthouse website and see if the process is listed there. Or call the local legal advice line. Most counties have a free legal aid office. They won't necessarily provide an attorney for your case but you can talk to them to find out exactly what you need to do.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 7:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• OP~ He is over $15,000 behind and hasn't paid a dime in 6 months. Child support enforement is not doing anything.
    Anonymous

• can you talk to the judge? what about your lawyer?
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• OP~ Wouldn't know where to begin with a judge, and cant afford a lawyer. Thats why I need to know how to do this on my own, what papers to file and whatnot
    Anonymous

• hmm, if I remember right ( from my parents) isn't there like a referee or something that you can talk to at your court house? I would go to the court house and talk to the ppl there. They would know.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2010