Bathing my just spayed cat...

My cat just got spayed yesterday, and on the way home from the vet just now she peed all over herself, should i bathe her or just wipe her down really good with baby wipes and bathe her in a couple days to give her stitches more time to heal?? I really want to bathe her and not leave her gross but im afraid of getting her infected eiether way, what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pets

• Also she has reallllly long hair so its really gross.
    Anonymous

• I would call the vet and ask them .......You do know CATS HATE WATER right lol GL with that !!!!
    Anonymous

• They have pet wipes for decently cheap at WalMart. I'd get a pack of those and just give her a good wipe down. I'd definitely give the stitches about a week to heal before attempting a real bath.
    Anonymous

• Wipe her down as best you can, the incision needs 7 - 10 days to heal. Getting it wet before that time can cause the stutures to immaturely begin to break down.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010