Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I file contempt charges against non-custodial parent who is not paying child support?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Mine is 15K behind and Child Support Enforcement won't do anything for me either. They know where he lives, but he's currently on a "leave of absence" from his work (because he doesn't want to pay child support), so he's getting paid under the table from somewhere and it's up to me to find out where - like I have the time to follow him around!

    Answer by missanc at 9:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

  • OP~ He is over $15,000 behind and hasn't paid a dime in 6 months. Child support enforement is not doing anything.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • Mines is about $10,000. behind and they have a warrant out for him.But what good will that do it won't do me any good. He will be eating sit down watching t.v. Maybe do a little work for the chain gang, but I still won't have any money.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 8:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • go to the courts and file a contemp.< or whatever it is called.
    I know what you mean my BD owes about $10,000 and hasn't paid since Nov. 09. you can also ask for him to be put on a work search were he has to report to probate probation showing he is looking for work, or you may ask that he goes to jail

    Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2010