What to say when a relation asks for too much?

I have a sister who is five years younger than I. She is now complaining about her boyfriend cheating on her on facebook, she has everyone's attention. What ticks me off is when she finally says, " Thanks I just can't bring myself to ask him, I will let you know how it all works out."
What's up? Is she going to continue to complain? When I had a break up, she went around telling people I was a whore, slut, bitch, and did not take care of my daughter.
Now that she is going through it, she expects me to let her get away for a couple of days here in Vegas at my house.
She is my sister and I want to be a better person, but she is only using me for the free stay while she goes to casinos.

Mommy2mj

Asked by Mommy2mj at 5:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• It's like my sister and I made up since then, but her complaints bring me back to it all. WHile she had said horrible things about me I was working and thinking she was on my side. It's almost as though she thought nothing would ever happen to her.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 5:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• When I had a break up, she went around telling people I was a whore, slut, bitch, and did not take care of my daughter.

***

You see, right there, is where I would have established that I no longer HAD a sister!!! Some things are simply uncalled for and while technically forgivable are simply not forgettable!

Your sister sounds like a primadonna drama queen, and I would simply tell her....NO..and to grow up already!  LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think you should just tell her if she either pays you to stay at your place or she can go get a room at a hotel.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I already had a talk with her. My husband asked me to tell her if she parties to not drive and keep the noise down for the nieghbors when coming back from the casinos.
    She is a little insulted and decided not to come.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 6:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• she sounds like a selfish bitch. just tell her no. let her know you'll invite her for a visit another time but now is not good - that way you can avoid being used but still maintain a relationship with her on your terms...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Wow, I'd tell her that "the whore, slut, bitch" says NO. She can pay for a hotel, or whatever. How rude!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Thanks for the advice. I am going to tell her that I need some time to plan since my daughter will only be in her first week of the new school year at the time they wish to visit.
    My DH does not know why I am trying to be so polite in the matter.
    I have thought of it and my daughter's school schedule is the way to go.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 12:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• yanno family is family forever, the bridge yo burn today you may need next eek-you can never tell. she was wrong for the name calling but its not fair to suddenly call her out after saying "you worked it out" tho i understand it coming back to you. as for the attn seeking, ignore it, and for her staying at your house, if you dont want her to, simply say no I am sorry but dd school stuff is too much and we have alot of things planned here. if she pushes it, then say"you arent respecting me so when ya can please call then, love you bye bye" and let it go. good luck. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Yes, I know family is forever. The thing is they were polite to me, as much as I guess they knew how to be. But my neighbors were insulted. I had to give apologies to a couple neighbors. I was deeply embarrassed.
    This time they said they would be respectful, but I just told them I am too busy with my daughter's education.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 1:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2010

• My sisters are 28 and 24 without kids. They feel they are very cute and the regular rules just don't apply to them, their behavior is the partying lifestyle.
    I know I am not perfect and that is why I am just taking this slowly to handle it the right way.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2010