How many of you actually don't get along perfectly with your SO?

I see so many posts where ppl are bragging about how great their relationship is, or how they always get along. Are there any married people who are like me and have to fight atleast once every few days? How do I end this, I don't want a divorce I just want peace in my house and not everything to be a fight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I am not married but have been with SO five years...no advice here going through the same thing ....GL Be strong..
    Anonymous

• i think it's about choosing your battles. is the trash being taken out worth fighting over? and really just keep a neutral tone when you are talking about things. tone change triggers defense.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• i fight with DH alot. sometimes in order to stop a fight before it starts i just smile and say "I Love You, anyway"
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We get along great, but also have fights and bicker as well. It mostly comes down to picking your battles. We aren't married but have been together for 7 1/2 years. I am usually the one that has the attitude and starts the drama because he is so easy going and doesn't PMS. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think it's a little unhealthy if a couple truly never ever disagrees about something. To me, that means at least one of them is hold their feelings in which can lead to bigger problems later on.
    Anonymous

• I feel ya - I have learned to let a LOT of stuff go to avoid a fight... and to be honest 70% of the time I know I love him and 30% of the time I wonder "what the hell am I doing" - I just focus on the good 70%. Someone once told me if you give 90% and expect 10% you will always be happy. Its not as easy as it sounds.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We bicker. A relationship, in my opinion, would be boring if everything was perfect all of the time. A lot of people will tell you that that arguing every once in a while is WAY better than silence, or agreeing when inwardly you're disagreeing. We DO have a great marriage. I think that it's a little abnormal never to fight at all. What ends up happening is that when a couple like that finally does have a fight, they don't know how to handle it and it ends the relationship. It's not healthy to be fighting all the time, either though. My parents have been happily married for 31 years and are the best couple I've ever known. Does that mean that they never get on each other's nerves? Nope. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

__________________

Absolutely! which is why, as adults we can TALK about things. Communicate openly, and eliminate the bickering, disagreements, and general lack of respect for one another.

The biggest problems I see with most people, that we have worked vary hard to avoid ever having to confront (through open communication) are jealousy and possession. Two things that will destroy a relationship in a heart beat, and have NO place when there is trust, mutual regard, and respect.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• SO and I disagree all the time but that doesn't mean I'd want to throw him out of my life. We are two opposites who happened to attract one another. We work it out. That's what adults do unless there is abuse of course then leaving could be an option. He doesn't abuse me. He just gets my goat sometimes with his Neanderthal thinking! Gotta love a caveman though!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My husband and I are very much in love and happy but we do bicker at each other, most of the time is coming from me. I think there is a difference between fighting and bickering...we rarely fight but there's a whole lot of bickering going on...but we are just two very strong type of personalities, neither of us wants to compromise, you figured after 11 years it would be easier but it's not.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2010