DO you like your doctor's MA?

My doctor used to have this really nice lady as his MA but since the start of my pregnancy he's had this really annoying and rude bitch. Has this ever happened to you? You like your doctor but can't stand his/her staff?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 5:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Health

• I loved my MA, but the receptionist was a rude b*tch
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• im an MA and i know what your talking about iw ould say something to the dr or the manager. cuz i konw i have some bitches that work with me that are MA and if the manager says something to them they snap back outta their attitude there waiting on you especially being pregnant you dont deserve that kind of treatment
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I love my MA, she watched me cry and listened to me all through my pregnancy...however the girls at the front were not as nice, everytime I went to check in for my appt. they acted like I was bothering them...it was their job to check me in but other than that...I did like her alot!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I'm an MA and I don't like being treated like crap. I especially don't like when the front staff is rude. You name the position in an office and I have worked it. I understand the frustration but you NEVER take it out on the staff. I would say something to the doc or the practice manager.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yeah that's how my MA is. Everytime something happens i tell her and she calls it complaining. As if it's a neussence to her. I swear one of these days i'm just gonna be like, "Well i'm sorry if I'm making your job more difficult. Cause you know my whole goal in life is to make your job easier for you." She's such a bitch. Even when she's being nice I can tell how fake she's being.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I do. The last one he had, received so many complaints she was transferred to a different department in the system.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I'm an MA and would never treat patients in a disrespectful manner. I find the nurses to be more condescending to patients. I've seen them roll eyes at patients who have asked for med refills and one asked for a pain medication refill and she told the patient that pain meds were a "nicety and not a necessity" with his condition. Ugh, as annoying as some patients can be, I would never denigrate their condition. One day it could be me or my family sitting on the exam table.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2010