I might be lame... but i don't get how BUMP works...

I get the abbreviation and what it is supposed to do... but how does it work? How can you write BUMP and the post just goes to the top? Am I way off? lol

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Generally it works in a Group post. It puts it at the top, because there's a new response on it.
    As for Answers... I'm not quite sure either. Maybe seeing that a question had been responded to makes others curious to look in it. I know that's one of the factors for me, curiousity to see what other mom's have written, especially when I want to answer it, but I don't know how to word it... and the question itself has me looking further into the post.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It is something that WILL be available as an option--the CM Admins are working on this feature. If you like a question, you can give it a "bump" so that it moves to the top of the answers list in that particular category--the opposite for if you don;t like it or think its' appropriate.

This will help to keep certain questions in the answers section that are interesting, popular, heated, etc. at the top where people can see the question and contribute to it--allowing more people to participate.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2010