What are some good and fun baby shower ideas for a baby girl?

My mother in law is throwing my baby shower and she wants me to help her plan things. We need ideas for games and activities(for kids and adults--can be kids only or adults only games, but I'd like to do a few mixed ones too), party favors that we can make or that aren't expensive, food ideas, invitation ideas, etc.
I'll value any ideas that come my way!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We bought a bunch of the tiny plastic babies from the party store and froze them in a ice cube, then handed them out to everyone and all the women ( using only there hands to warm and melt the ice ) had to see who could deliver there baby first, it was actually pretty fun, cold though lol
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 6:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• guess how big mommy is game is fun...assuming mommy to be has a sense of humor!! get yarn and have every cut a piece that they think will fit around mommy's belly, closest one wins! also the dirty diaper game, bingo, pin the diaper on the baby (for kids) as for invites...my stuff was all bought at the dollar store, favors! omg best favors ever...my cousin bought boxes of microwave popcorn and typed up sleeves to go over each individual pack that said "jennifer's bundle is about to POP!" and on the ingredients it said like 100% love, 100% hugs, 100 kisses etc and etc. also for food i had a summer baby so i requested picnic food! chicken, pasta salad and fruit salad and punch! hope that helps...i have a million ideas so if you want more send me a message!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• We had a bunch of scrapbook pages and supplies laid out and everyone decorated pages for a scrap book so that all I would have to do is add the photos. People had a lot of fun with it, old and young alike.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2010