I just found out that someone had recently died in the house we have bought.Does anyone know how we would find out if this info is true?Is there a website to look up?

I was told that the husband had died suddenly and that was it, I never asked how or where or when for that matter.
The neighbor just informed us that the husband had committed suicide and was found on our bedroom floor!
Well, before even knowing this information some strange things have been happening around the house. And I want to know if this information I found out is true or not. I've tried googling up the mans name but I havent found anything.
Anyone know how I would retreive this type of information via the internet?
ANd I have no idea what category to put this under...just for fun seems not right...but I guess I will have to use it as in a general context. Sorry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I believe in ghosts and have seen them as have many of the nurses and nursing assistants that I work with at my nursing home. We just seen a white figure last night at work come out of a room where a resident just RECENTLY passed away. The new resident that was put in the room and was upset and restless when the white figure walked out of the room and stood in the hallway for a moment and then walked down it and dissapeared. Us two nursing assistants seen it together and kinda freaked out. Then the resident across from that room pushed his call light to tell us that our new resident was in the hall way just standing there....our new resident was in bed.....it was the ghost, he had seen it to.

That just happened and all of us at work are creeped out right now. And to answer your question, I'd check the obits around the time he might of passed, ask neighbors perhaps about what they know to get more details to help your search
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Obituaries maybe?
    Anonymous

• Realtors would know. If you just recently purchased the home, you could contact your realtor and ask them. Maybe look through the obits on local papers near your home. Uhh... maybe the cops?
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• If you know a general date of when this occurred...you can go to the library and they will show you how to look it up in their records of the daily paper. They are usually electronic on the computer or something of that nature.

If you know his name that would be helpful too.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• As long as it was cleaned up if it was a messy suicide,they don't have to disclose it. Here thet disclose if an unsolved murder took place in it,in case the same person should want to return I suppose. They won't tell you of possible ghosts because they are not legally an issue.
    Anonymous

• Your realtor is required to tell you things like this while buying the house. Ask him/her, or check the obituaries. How creepy!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• what the above said, and you might be able to get info from the court house...otherwise im not sure where to look, and how creepy, i feel for you
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• 1) there are no such things as ghosts. 2) they do not have to disclose this information to you- this PERSONAL information, regarding someone else life. 3) if you are that obsessed, you should start with the obituaries.

I wonder how it is that the other side of my back yard is a graveyard, and nothing strange has ever happened here? hmmm.... maybe because the people are dead, and when you die, you're simply gone.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• honestly I wouldn't want to know.. it would creep me out
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• ObbyDobbie, getting into the fact that ghosts exist or do NOT exist is a personal opinion, and one that has nothing to do with this question.
    Anonymous