would your purchase a 12 wk

old puppy that hasn't had his shots. i'm leary about it cause you won't know until after you get it home if it hasn't by chance gotten sick. also what kind of people are they if produce puppies to make money and yet skimp on giving them their shots. am i being a bit over zealous about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pets

• Have to agree with the PP, if the people have not gotten at least the 1st set of shots for the puppy, it is highly unlikely that they also took the time and money to have the puppy dewormed. As any responsible breeder would have done that and have proof that they were seen by a vet. Responsible breeders are not in the business for money, they do it because they love the breed and want to improve upon it. I have in the past year and a half had 3 of my customers buy puppies from 'home breeders' and out of them only 1 of those puppies have a great personality.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 9:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't buy it. I would go to the local animal shelter, instead and buy a puppy there. At least you know the animal has been cared for, has had shots, and needs a loving home. You also can be sure that they are not in it for the money.

Too many people breed dogs just for the cash - most of them do not even breed for good characteristics or to get bad characteristics out of the line. I am very leery of home breeders... you never know what you're getting.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2010