is it possible to have a vaginal birth after a c-section

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely. My friend has had 2 successful vaginal deliveries after her first child was a c-section.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Of course. It's called VBAC. Some hospitals don't allow it and some doctors discourage it. Just do the research and find a hospital that's willing to let you deliver the way you want to. If the reason for your first c-section was an emergency and not a medical condition with you that will repeat with the new pregnancy, then I see no reason for a repeat c-section.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yup, but it mainly depends on why you had a c-section and how the incision was made. Not the outer scar, but the actual ... inside incision. lol, sorry, I can't find the right word for it. If it was a bikini cut, you're all in the clear. If it was a classic, they generally won't do it, because there's a chance that the placenta and incision could fuse, and you would end up bleeding... profusely.
    I would definitely discuss this with your OB, if he/she wasn't your OB before hand, the old doc can fax the new doc all the information and discuss with you as it gets closer to delivery.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Yes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• yes! check out ican international's website
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• It can be done however the clinic I went to said once a c section always a c section with them. but that's not for every dr.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010