is there a nice way to say you annoy the hell outa me ?

my husbands friend is always textin me and wanting to hang out, at first i didnt mind it cause i didnt think he was going to be so clingy. i didnt like him for the longest time, and at that point i couldnt say why. but my husband wanted us to get along, and its not going so well. the friend comes across as ignorant, immature, conceited, and irresponsible, and very boring. i dont care about car races, or rc cars or cars in general, i dont want to hear about every move he makes, he literally gives me a play by play of what he is doing,ad now givin me pet names like baby. and he cant spell to save his life, i know im not the best when it comes to grammar and spelling but i can at least spell simple words right. i have to read some of his texts a few times over to understand him, i found pretending to decipher a 1st grade sentence is easier to figure out. im gettin down to my last nerve with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• That's kind of.. not appropriate for him to give you the nickname "baby" but that's just me.
    Anyway, I would just state that you two don't have the same interests and really don't see eye-to-eye, and although you do not mind that him and DH are friends... it's probably best if he tone down everything. Then just say that your almost always busy chasing after little ones, cleaning house, etc, etc, that you may not be able to answer his texts often.
    Whether he still texts you or not, that gives you a great reason to not answer!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Lol if he is texing then he is probably using t9 that messes up for me too and if I don't fix it I look like a 1st grader.
    I would just not answer him everytime.
    Anonymous

• First of all, your husband's friend should not be texting you at all. Show your husband what he has been sending to you. It will show him that this guy is trying to get a little too close to you and will also show him that he is hanging out with a dufus!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Can you discuss this with your husband and simply say that they are friends and it dooesn't have to include you? I, too, would not answer all his text messages. You need your space and need to be true to yourself first. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• whaaat?? i would just talk to your husband about that - sounds like alot of inappropriateness on his (friend's) end. let hubby address it - he started it...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Tell hubby to tell him to stop. He's going overboard.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Talk to your DH/SO about \him. If that does not work. Just ignore his texts and just tell him you are busy. A avoid him when he want to hang out.

Answer by louise2 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2010