Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I tell Grandpa to back off ???

My father left my mother for another woman after twenty five years of marriage. He married the woman he cheated on her with and they have been together for 12. He has hardly ever financially supported my mother or his children after he left and what little he gave he usually complained to other people or bragged about it. He owns a successful business with his new wife but here is my question....... Many of the kids do not have a relationship with him or talk to him but he uses his kid and grand kids Including mine to advertise his business. He uses his family to markets his business but does not have a relationship with us! Every one in his community thinks he is such an out standing, family, and church going man! What do I do when I see pictures of MY children on his face book and business websites as I have not talked to him in years!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • I think its time to talk to not so dear old dad... You have to make your feelings known to him. Let him know that he does not have a relationship with your children and should not be using them to advertise his business. If he refuses to cease the ad campaign, remind him that there are laws that will prevent him from using your childrens' photographs without your permission.

    Answer by neebug3766 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • Talk to an attorney and get an injunction to stop that. Then I'd have the attorney sue him for part of the income he's received since using my children to promote his business. Mom should have made sure the court granted her CS and Spousal Maintenance and taken him to court if he failed to pay it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

  • Tell him that if he doesn't remove your kids pictures you will file a lawsuit against him. He is using pictures without your consent and that is illegal.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.