OT: What do you ladies think of the new answers section coming?

I know there is a group dedicated to the new answers forum, but I thought I would specifically ask you ladies what you think of the upcoming new answers section of CM, especially since so there are so many that post anon here. Have you read about it? What do you think? I read a long post in the group by NP about the new features that are coming and I think she is right on the money with alot of points. Especially about the anon feature.

natural.mama

Asked by natural.mama at 7:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What about the anon feature? Will it be gone?
    Anonymous

• Didnt look at it long enough to know anything other than I dont like the looks of it. But we shall see in the coming days.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think that it doesn't address the REAL problems in the answers section. Like questions that aren't questions but just preaching and sermons. And moms snarking from behind the anon. button. Stuff like that.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I like it.. Im sure I will get my points quickly & the right to post anon quickly-- I post anon for privacy- not drama or anything!
    Most people dont like change so im sure there will be ALOT of negativity first.. Its ALWAYS that way!
    I like that we will be able to (hopefully?) find our "rank" easier!! It sucks not knowing!
    They just keep doing more to suck us in more! lol

I love CM but didnt know it was so amazing that it is now being followed "religously" ;-) ...... (in the religion section.)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• What htey're planning on doing is implementing a feature that disables the anon option until you reach a certain level,after which you'll be able to answer anonymously. Before then you don't have that capability. You'll still be able to ask question anon though,
    They are also discussing adding a voting option to the answers for rating the questions, which is where alot of us disagree. Also adding more sub-categories.

I haven't looked at it too much but the only thing I like is the anon being disabled until you reach a certain level. The intent is to deter the troll answers or people replying just to be mean. Of course their rating system is what would move you up or down in level which is kind of...UGH
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I like the anon option, but I don't like that you'll now be able to vote someone's answer down. It was done in the Answers section of Clubmom back in the day, and all it did was provide another way to bully.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I say hallelujah! Now people have to watch their tongues! I think it is a great idea!Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• People bully now and they don't have it, so whats the difference?
    Anonymous

• I'm kind of excited. I'm sure they'll find a way to make it as bully-free as possible. I think they said you'll have to earn the ability to vote people down, so those who do the bullying probably won't get that privilege, lol. Not to mention, without the anon button (at least for lower levels) there might not be so many attacks or rude answers, since people won't be able to hide behind anonymity.... We'll see how it is when they get it going, though! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

I agree, but if they are going to implement this new anon option to decrease the amount of trolls and anon bullying, why create a new option that basically gives the bullying power back? If that makes sense. It's trading one thing for another with similar results, IMO.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2010