What have you learned about our Heavenly Father?

Even if you do not believe in his word, what has he taught you in your personal experience with him? What do you love most about him? What do you admire most about him? What do you want to help others understand about him?If you have anything negative to say about him, it is probably because you do not know him, but you could if you wanted to. Your standing in your own way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know that all of the wonderful things I do know about Him...His love, mercy, grace, patience, righteousness...are from a mind that is limitied in understanding. There is no measure for his love, mercy, grace, patience, righteousness. He is awesome!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You should be asking me what I have learned about our Mother. Thankfully what I do know about God's male aspect was not learned in the Bible - that is one sadistic, immature freak of a man.
    Anonymous

• His patience!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Thankfully what I do know about God's male aspect was not learned in the Bible - that is one sadistic, immature freak of a man.

________

Agreed!
    unfortunately, I did- so glad to be free now!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have learned and went to catholic school growing up. Now that I am an adult I choose to be a secular humanist... and I do NOT believe in ANY higher power...

----------------------

"If you have anything negative to say about him, it is probably because you do not know him"

- This in not true, I know everything about him and I see right through it. I'm just not desperate to believe that life isn't pointless like I feel faithful people are...
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Family importance.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I saw and experienced a petty, blood-thirsty, tyrant. That's why I left. I spent 30 years praying to the Brick Wall and waiting for some kind of communication. It was a great relief to finally realize that there was nothing there. I've been rid of the god concept for over 15 years and it's been the happiest I've ever been. So I guess what I learned was that I was perfectly fine WITHOUT a heavenly father. Completely and totally fine.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I have learned that He does, in fact, work miracles. I was in college and was found to have an inoperable brain tumor. The neurosurgeon told me that I would be blind in three months, dead in six. There was nothing that could be done to save my life. The tumor had extensions, "fingers", that were taking over my brain and because of where tthe tumor was, if they tried to remove it, they would kill me. The neurosurgeon wanted to take a biopsy in the hope of saving someone in the future. I agreed.

My family prayed, my church prayed for me, people all around the world prayed for me. On the Sunday before I was to undergo the brain surgery to take the biopsy, in church the whole congregation prayed at the altar for me. At the same time everyone felt His presence and knew I would be okay. EVERYONE felt it. At the hosp. my dad told the surgeon that he would have an angel on his shoulder as he operated on me.

continued...
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• That God answers prayer. And he takes care of my family! I am so blessed.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• That is is compassionate, understanding, loving, just,patient,kind, merciful, and perfect! Yahweh is everything Good in this life. He is pure love, and no one can match him or pass him in his awesomeness! Hallelujah! Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2010