Would You Call CPS?

If you found out that someone you knew was planning an unassisted birth (giving birth at home with no professional attendant) would you call CPS on them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Only if you think someone should have called CPS on Adam and Eve. If it wasn't child abuse or neglect then, it isn't today.
    yakamoz

Answer by yakamoz at 7:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Um, no? That is their choice and it is not child abuse or neglect. It's a birthing choice and it's perfectly legal.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• No. That is completely their choice and that is none of my business. I am sure they know the risks associated with that.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• No. Many people have them.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• No, it would take a close minded idiot to do that.

Anonymous

• Um no..
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• is someone else going to be there at all? It's scarry but it's legal and ppl do it all the time in other countries.
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 7:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• No mind your own business when you call that's what they need to tell you.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Not at all. That is their choice and I imagine they have done a lot of research. i personally wouldn't feel comfortable without a doula or midwife there. I think i would ask a lot of questions to make sure they had everything figured out well (which means I would also do a lot of research). And if you are truly concerned discuss with her why she wants a completely unassisted birth. maybe recommend a great midwife or doula if you are very concerned.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• It is their choice to have a home birth! Are their intentions good? I knew someone who chose to have her baby at home because her older child was taken away by CPS and she didn't want the baby to be taken away!

Anonymous