anyone from Montana?

me and dh have been wanting to move our family out of iowa. we have looked in alot of different states and havnt found anything that really fits us... but today we were looking at montana and thought it might be what we are looking for... we are looking the the billings, miles, or livingston areas right now... any information on jobs, crime rates, public schooling, home schooling, midwives and organic/all natural markets would be very helpfull...also just general opinions on diff. areas of montana...

thanks!

PEACHES1721

Asked by PEACHES1721 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Travel

• I live in North Carolina, but you can find the information you are looking for at http://www.city-data.com/
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Billings is the largest city in Montana. I don't know much about Iowa, so I don't know how it compares. I know it's more plains than western Montana (where I grew up). It's such a large state and I didn't really spend time in eastern MT. I would imagine that you could google some of the things you are wanting to find out. Just know that the winters are very long and very cold. Miles City's population is listed as less than 10,000, so if you are used to more businesses and things happening that might not be the best option. Bozeman is sort of central and is a college town. The real estate market seems high for what you get there.
    I grew up in Missoula and it's changed quite a bit since I have been there. It's also a college town, but it's grown in the last 20+ years. School up there was more challenging than in So. Cal, but that was just my personal experience.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010