WTF is my Ex-Husband THINKING!!??

I am the CP of 2 children..I take care of them day in and day out. I provide clothing for them, I make sure they have food to eat, the are bathed everynight all of that and he has the nerve to tell me that I am a worthless mother!!

He only sees them once a month if that and when he does come to see them the kids don't want a thing to do with him!! What should I do?? I understand that he is the father and he has every right to see the children, but he puts me down every time he is around them.. I do my best not to talk bad about him around the kids...and for the most part I do pretty good, but he comes around and calls me every name in the book.
For example: He wanted to take the kids for a week and I allowed it. HE comes to pick them up and my son says " I don't want to go with you I want to stay with mommy." My ex proceeds to tell him " Your mom is a BITCH!" What can I do about this?

momma226911

Asked by momma226911 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• That's sad that he would act like a baby. Your son hurt his feelings so he responded to hurt you son's feelings. He's childish and a bully. Not much you can do but report him through the court for parental alienation (talking bad about you and trying to turn him against you).

Answer by admckenzie at 9:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Im so sorry to hear that! Kill him with kindness...if there is nothing bad for him to say about you then there wont be... dont feed the fire! Try and get along with him the best you can! I know this may be hard because of the things he says and possibly because of the divorce but there shouldnt be any reason why you cant get a long for the childrens sake! I know it sucks but is there really anything else you can do?
    Anonymous

• My soon-to-be-ex isn't quite THAT bad but he does pull a lot of crap in front of the kids that he shouldn't.
    When he starts getting pissed off at me for whatever reason it is that day(there's always some reason he's mad at me whether it's my fault or not) and starts talking badly to me and calling me names, I stay very calm and I say "I would prefer it if you didn't speak to me like that."

That of course makes him more pissed off at me but I am more concerned about being a good role model for my children then I am about how he feels about me.

If he continues to berate me in front of the kids(or at all) I ask him to leave my house and not come back until he can speak to me with respect.

If he wants to see his kids like he claims he wants to, then being respectful should be something he's willing to do. If he can't suck it up and be nice to you for the sake of the kids, then he doesn't really want to see them.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I would take him aside and set the rules for his behavior in your house and if he does not follow the rules meet him outside and do not give him a chance to say anything. This is not acceptable. I would record him doing these tirade and keep it for evidence. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I try to be as nice as possible for the kids sake..I went thru that with my mom and dad and the constant arguing and I don't want my kids to go thru that...I try to say as little as possible...What he is so mad about is the fact that I live in Illinois and he has moved to Wisconsin he wants to take them up there more and I won't let him b/c of all the times he has threatened to kidmap my kids I can't trust him...and that is why he is always belittling me
    momma226911

Answer by momma226911 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• he is taking his own problems out on you, which i would imagine is one reason you are not together.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• That is exactly why we are not together
    momma226911

Answer by momma226911 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• What is a CP ?
    Anonymous

• kick him in the balls
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Anonymous a CP is Custodial Parent and an NCP is a Non custodial Parent
    momma226911

Answer by momma226911 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2010