Which would you prefer?

A spin-off question to the pre-marital sex question.

Would you prefer a great relationship where the sex is not so great or a bad relationship but the sex is mind shattering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Great relationship for sure. I've had both and I can go without sex. I can't be in a relationship that is emotionally exhausting or abusive in any way.
    The relationship itself is the most important thing to me.

Sex can be great at the beginning but if the relationship sucks then the sex starts to suck, and vice versa.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I don't think this is as black and white as it seems... 10 years ago, I could have cared less about having a "good relationship" and was perfectly happy to just have outstanding sex - which I did. But as I grew, and had children, I don't want sex at all now and would go for the better relationship. Which is I think why my marriage (and most of them) are somewhere in the middle... But I look at it this way, if you aren't happy where you are - find somewhere new to be... Marriage or Relationships are meant to be a good thing, once you are unhappy there is no reason to stay there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I prefer to have a great relationship with great sex. Sex is important to me as well as love.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Great relationship. Hands down.
    One problem with premarital sex is if you had earth shattering sex with someone who is not your husband (before you were married i mean) then when you are with your husband you are likely to think about the other sex and wonder about it, and why is it not like that with hubby, and so on. It can then be damaging to a great relationship. But if it is the only sex you've had then it is the best you've had. And you guys can explore and work on it together and make it better if need be, and there is no comparison issue.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• A great relationship, because... I wouldn't be having near as much sex to make a bad relationship worth it.
    Besides, if I'm ticked off or sad, I'm not really in the mood... so, if that were the case in a bad relationship, we would've even be having sex anyways!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• How about a good relationship with good sex? There are always other options so don't settle for just those two. I'd find someone else if those options were all I had.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Great relationship, the sex can be worked on :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• great relationship, like some others said sex can be worked on.
    RCU_3

Answer by RCU_3 at 6:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2010