Who gives the best baby shower gifts: guests who have children or guests who don't have children?

Energ8zr

Asked by Energ8zr at 9:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Those that don't have kids but have money - like grandma.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Guests who have children and I would like to add, who have had children within the last decade. lol Because what is useful now may not be what was useful when my MIL or Mom were having babies.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• For me it was those that didn't have kids. Why? Because I had a registry, I was very specific on what I wanted and knew what I wanted... Those people that had kids just got me what THEY felt I needed or what THEY thought would be best rather than buying what I had actually wanted like most of the childless friends and family did.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Mine have been from people that didn't have kids; as SabrinaMBowen said - they got me what I asked for, not what they thought I needed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• the ones that didn't have kids, because they don't know what you need and what you don't. some even give you toys the kid won't use until months or years down the road. the ones that have kids know what is useless and what's not, and honestly, i'd prefer something i would NEED more than WANT, especially since some of that stuff is worthless stuff the company's just are trying to get money for, knowing SOMEONE will buy it. someone got me a diaper genie, that thing ended up getting sold at a yard sale a few months after ds was born. so at my own, the ones that had kids did the best job. if you have the "game", where everyone has to write down a piece of advice on an index card and put it in a basket for the mom to be to take home, the ones with kids gives great advice. obviously.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• not all guests have to have kids to give good gifts. if they're around cousins, nephews, neices, etc.. then they know what they're doing.. but it does help when that person is around a child that is within a certain age.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I always give diapers...big boxes of diapers....I did before I had kids and after I had kids. I really don't know who gave better gifts at my showers....I liked them all. I just appreciated that they came to my shower and gave me something.I didn't judge ....a gift is a gft and I loved them.
    Anonymous

• I'm going to say guests that don't have kids. Although I got a lot of clothes from both people with and without kids. A lot of guests, especially older people like my grandmas got me downright ridiculous stuff. One grandma gave me this crocheted (bought, not made by her) sweater, hat, and booties. My daughter was born in August and we live in SC. Really? A sweater, hat, and booties?
    Anonymous

• Guests who have MONEY, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2010